Online Novelty Kids Tail Retailer as seen on Dragons Den

Whitstable, Canterbury
REF: R06239

Asking Price:
£187,000
Annual Turnover:
£255,990
Annual Net Profit:
£62,620
Reduced
REF: R06239

Overview

Tenure:
Relocatable
Established:
2012
  • Original and fun products
  • Dragon’s Den success
  • Strong customer base including celebrities such as Kate Winslet, Simon Pegg, Prince Harry and a recent collaboration with Helena Bonham Carter.
  • 10,000+ customer base
  • Prolific social media and online presence
  • Relocatable business
  • Worldwide expansion
  • Licensing potential

This is an exciting opportunity to acquire a unique and fun business selling wearable animal tails for kids and adults alike, which could be relocated to anywhere in the world.

The entrepreneurial business has grown from the current owner’s bedroom into a highly successful profitable venture in the UK with a strong and recognisable brand.

A recent Dragons Den success has given the business huge momentum. It is now ready and waiting to expand both domestically and internationally.

The current owner is selling 80% of the business and retaining the other 20%.

The current owner is a one woman band dealing with everything from conception to implementation. She operates the business from home. The manufacture has been outsourced to a factory in Indonesia with a strong working relationship and plenty of room for expansion. The warehouse and fulfilment company in the UK handle the day to day workings of the business. This presents a quick and viable runway for growth to the new owner, offering them the chance to relocate anywhere. TellTails is the original tail company, with its strong brand, quality and unique designs is well ahead of any competitors.

The owner has a lot of belief in the growth of the company with many design and marketing ideas up her sleeve. She would be more than happy to continue working with the new owner in a creative capacity.

This is a fantastic and highly unique opportunity to purchase an innovative and fun business. It would be most suitable for someone experienced in e-commerce, or an individual looking to acquire a profitable yet entertaining and rewarding company.

TellTails has proven itself as a successful business in the UK with healthy profit margins. It has identified the markets worldwide and is ready to be scaled. The company would benefit hugely from an effective online and social media marketing campaign. With its products being so eye-catching and charismatic, they lend themselves very well to video marketing and YouTube. The owner boasts of never having to pay for publicity; in the past TellTails has made TV appearances including The Wright Stuff and the Late Late Toy Show. As well as many features in Gift guides including Guardian, Metro, The Week and The Observer. Combining this previous success with an engaging online marketing strategy would lead to a lucrative increase in orders.

Loading...
  • Worldwide expansion
  • Relocatable
Rent
TBC
Rates
TBC
Lease Term
TBC
Lease Expiry
###
Square Footage
TBC
Accommodation Included
TBC
Premises Licence
TBC
Property Value
TBC
Planning
TBC
EPC
This business does not require an EPC

Annual Turnover
XXXX
Annual Net Profit
XXXX
Stock at Valuation
XXXX
Accounts
XXXX
Trading Entity
XXXX
Current Ownership
XXXX
Management Structure
XXXX
Number of Employees
XXXX

Refine

Miles
£
£
£
£